This week on ShiftShapers, Kevin Trokey joins us to share strategies for building a market-competitive insurance agency. Kevin is a founding partner and coach at Q4Intelligence, a consulting firm dedicated to removing the barriers that keep independent benefits and insurance agencies from reaching their full potential.
Kevin reveals how his extensive experience as a broker and a principal helped him develop the firm’s unique approach. Kevin talks about a common mistake most agencies make: focusing their marketing on their own story, rather than that of the consumer. Consumers aren’t looking for you to look exactly like every other provider out there; they want to know which agency can creatively and efficiently help them solve their problems.
Kevin discusses importance of agencies becoming more competitive by realizing their true purpose – helping business owners achieve what they really want. He also addresses the role of increased employee engagement and improved collaboration between the service and sales parts of business in boosting overall agency success.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How Kevin’s extensive experience as an agency principal helped him to develop his transformational methodology.
- Why the traditional website design of agencies can off-putting for consumers looking for a solution.
- The often self-imposed barriers that keep agencies from taking control of their business.
- The benefits of separating the product and consultative stages of the process.
- The necessity of building community amongst agencies.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!