The story of our industry over the last decade has been one of mergers and acquisitions. The ACA has propelled new levels of activity as benefit advisors are leaving the industry and selling their practices. This episode’s guest is in the middle of the action, and here to share his expertise and opinions on the advantages some firms have found by becoming part of a larger organization.
Brett Rosen is the Executive Vice President of Mergers & Acquisitions at One Digital, formerly Digital Benefit Advisors. In this interview, we discuss the most important things driving the M&A wave and how advisors are finding opportunities to join forces with other practices to create new practice models that deliver incredible value to their clients.
Later, we lay out the steps that agencies and their owners can take to prepare for merging, and why being acquired might be a good future strategy. Equally important, we also consider the view of larger firms and what they consider when they are buying another business.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What is driving the recent uptick in M&A activity.
- How PPACA has impacted the process.
- The advantages that come along with a merger.
- What agencies can do right now to prepare for a future merger or acquisition.
- What purchasers look for when buying a practice.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!