According to a recent American Journal of Medicine study, 40% of the patients who requested second opinions on the initial diagnosis have received changes in their diagnosis and treatment. On this episode of ShiftShapers, we’re talking to Dr. Lewis Levy about a serious problem in today’s health care – inaccurate diagnosis.
Dr. Levy is Senior Vice-President for Medical Affairs and Chief Quality Officer at Best Doctors, a service that brings together the best physicians in the world to help people get the right diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Levi joins us today to talk about how Best Doctors came about and shares some shocking findings that they have recently reported. We talk about the importance of technology and data analytics in being able to do their jobs more efficiently and accurately. We also discuss how they engage employee populations and how their comprehensive reviews of medical cases can help reduce health care costs in the long run.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How Best Doctors was founded.
- The conditions/diseases they see most often.
- How they engage employee populations.
- Whether that reduces cost in the long run.
- The role of technology and data analytics.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!