On today’s episode, we are pleased to be speaking with John Spann of Spann Insurance in Nashville. I invited John the program to discuss innovative conversations he is using to position more traditional benefits in a post-reform market.
A 63-year old third-generation property & casualty insurance agency with an internal benefits practice, Spann Insurance was created by John’s grandparents in 1951. Learn how John’s family-run agency has been able to re-evaluate its benefits practice and help clients create employee appreciation in the light of health care reform.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How the employee benefits practice fits within a P&C agency and what some of the challenges are.
- How PPACA has shifted the focus of John’s approach to his book of (mostly) small group clients.
- How John creates a new opportunity for employers to provide appreciated benefits when their employees purchase their core coverage from the exchanges.
- How John leverages individual products within a group motif.
- How disability income can be used as a “new” benefit.
Featured On The Show:
- Spann Insurance, Inc. | tel. (615) 383-8000