In part 2 of our quarterly visit with Jessica Waltman, we explore the upcoming regulatory changes during this election season that will directly affect benefit advisors.
Jessica is a Principal at Forward Health Consulting and is a regular contributor to ShiftShapers. As one of the preeminent experts on how legislative and regulatory changes will impact your practice, she is the perfect guest to help advisors sort through the flurry of new rules and focus in on what’s most important.
Regulatory changes are emerging at a fast and furious pace as we near the end of President Obama’s second term, and not all of those changes are directly related to the Affordable Care Act. Jessica describes in detail how these new changes will impact health plans, retirement plans, and health reform requirements. Anyone who sells group insurance will be impacted by these proposed changes.
Additionally, advisors need to be able to communicate quickly and clearly to their employer clients who can face fines and additional documentation requirements once the expansion is finalized. Advisors who understand this new environment will be better positioned to help their clients navigate the changes successfully.
Jessica shares the latest information on everything from the increase in fines and penalties or changes to wellness program requirements.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How the proposed expansion of Form 5500 will impact health care plans.
- What the confounding compliance complexities are.
- How implementing the EEOC Wellness Rules will impact plans.
- What the potential snags and pitfalls are in Employer Mandate implementation.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!