This week on the ShiftShapers podcast, we speak with John Park – Chief Strategy Officer at Alegeus. As the Trump administration transitions to power in Washington, there have already been serious signals in the consumer-directed marketplace. John shares his views of how consumerism in healthcare may change and how that will impact the future of healthcare services.
Incorporating and driving more individual responsibility in health care decision-making is at the heart of the consumerism movement. We explore two elements of modern healthcare consumerism and trends that are changing the marketplace.
We also discuss the existing tools that are changing to help the consumerism evolve. We learn that while tools are an important part of helping to build consumerism confidence, there are some challenges as well. We’ll talk about both areas and look at how current products, services, and software innovations are trying to address the concerns.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- An explanation of what consumerism in healthcare means.
- Current trends and predictions regarding the future of HSAs and HRAs.
- Healthcare tools that consumers are currently requesting.
- The opportunities for advisors in the HSA environment.
- Whether employees with high deductible plans forego needed care and the impact of that behavior on future healthcare costs.
- How plans can incentives consumerism with employees once plan maximums have been exhausted.
- The importance of data and benchmarking in assessing plan efficacy.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!