For answers, we went to our Canadian friend Ron Hansell, President of Cross Border Benefits. We start by asking Ron for an overview of their system – just to level-set the discussion. He explains how their system is paid for, what it costs and how their citizens interact with it.
We discuss some of the results of a recent Fraser Institute study about how their costs are rising and how and why so many Canadians seek care abroad – most in the United States. We also look at the effect of ever-lengthening waiting times for treatment that seems to be inherent in their health care arrangement.
An ever-growing number of U.S. companies have a presence in Canada, and Ron explains what those companies and their advisors need to know to advise them properly.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode:
- What the Canadian Healthcare System is like.
- What the Canadian system costs.
- How Canadians interact with the system.
- How lengthy wait times drive Canadians to the U.S. for healthcare.
- What U.S. companies need to know about benefits in Canada.
Featured On the Show:
Listen To the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!