Mike Dendy is CEO and Founder at Advanced Medical Pricing Solutions (AMPS) and a student of the irrational pricing and misaligned incentives that drive today’s US healthcare system. We begin our conversation by discussing the widely-held myth of the PPO discount. From there we explore the general pricing methodologies and incentives in healthcare.
Once you wrap your head around all of that, the discussion of how often claims are incorrectly priced and what can be done about it will bring us to a conversation around a concept known as Direct Contracting. We will also find out why Mike thinks that healthcare is like the OPEC oil cartel.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What is the myth of the network discount?
- Why does that matter to patients and payers alike?
- Will networks be eliminated or replaced with personal networks?
- How accurate are most claims?
- What is Dzdirect contractingdz and what problems can it solve?
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!