Gene Thompson is both a Project Director and Director of Health City Cayman Islands (HCCI), an amazing facility that is delivering higher quality, lower cost care with greater patient satisfaction scores. Pioneered by Dr. Devi Shetti, a physician and health care visionary based in India, HCCI has become a leading model for medical tourism.
With the increased interest in self funding, the cost and quality curtain is being pulled back. Many U.S. companies are offering huge employee incentives in exchange for the quality and lower cost they provide. Gene offers a fascinating insight into this growing trend.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How does the vision of how health care is delivered in the west drive HCCI?
- Who is Dr. Shetti and why is his model driving change in hospital-based care?
- What pricing methodologies are at work and what savings are there?
- How is quality measured in these facilities?
- What is the experience like for an employee who takes advantage of HCCI opportunities in their plan?
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!