Travel for treatment used to be an esoteric benefit reserved for only the largest of employers. Today, the benefits are as much quality as cost driven and most often involve fully-accredited facilities. Some even use U.S. physicians and are attached to teaching hospitals. Yet for many employers and employees it still remains mysterious.
Jim Polsfut, CEO and Chairman of North American Specialty Hospital, helps us to understand the changes and how to help clients embrace a benefit that is advantageous to both employer and employee.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What problems can travel for treatment overcome?
- Why it has taken so long to catch on with average employers.
- How quality now drives the decision.
- New patient-centric features.
- Should plans rewrite SPDs to require travel for treatment?
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!