Mark Blum has taken a very different path to get to the healthcare universe – starting as a labor organizer and negotiator who quickly found healthcare to be the most frequent stumbling stone in negotiations. The determination to find a way to resolve that issue has brought him to some interesting destinations and some surprising conclusions along the way. He is Executive Director of America’s Agenda, a non-profit healthcare delivery innovation center, and also serves as President of SolidaritUS Health.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How his beginnings in labor influenced the questions and answers he found going forward.
- What worked in Maine and in Vermont, and how that informs newer challenges.
- What happened when the ACA meteor landed on healthcare.
- What are “labor-owned” plans and what impact could they have?
- How he created an eBay type environment for one state to solicit bids for pharmacy plans and what that saved.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!