In this episode, we explore some of the most common questions advisors ask about self funding and discuss concerns ranging from minimum group size to tools and techniques. Our guest on this episode of ShiftShapers is Adam Russo, Esq., co-founder and CEO of The Phia Group, as well as the founding and managing partner at a law firm, Russo & Minchoff. He believes that, in light of the healthcare reform, the current environment is full of exciting opportunities that many brokers can take advantage of.
We also have a frank exchange about what is behind recent efforts by some Departments of Insurance to try to put the brakes on certain segments of self funding and the potential impact that may have on employers seeking an alternate to the fully insured marketplace.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Adam’s journey and how The Phia Group came about.
- How advisors can remain relevant in the current environment.
- The minimum size for a successful self-funded group.
- Why the government wants to stop or severely limit self-funding.
- How can advisors begin the self-funded conversation.
- What you need to devise a properly constructed client plan.
Featured On The Show:
Listen To The Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!