On this episode of Shiftshapers, we’re very excited to talk to Gary Robinson, Executive Vice-President of Business Development at HealthTap. Founded in 2010, HealthTap’s goal was to reinvent the way people all over the world take care of their health and wellbeing. While that is a classic B.H.A.G., the conversation we had with Gary makes it clear that things may be changing even more rapidly than anyone thought – with technology breaking new ground on a nearly constant basis.
We invited Gary to the program to talk about HealthTap’s beginnings, as well as their new initiative, the Health Care Operating System, and how it helps to create an “intelligent triage system.” Today, advisors who want to help their clients bend the trend while simultaneously dealing with ever-increasing personal responsibility amounts have some really amazing tools at their disposal. It isn’t just advisors or employers who are the drivers in this “new normal” so we asked Gary about how the evolution of consumer expectations and the advent of mobile technology are creating an unparalleled opportunity for the transformation of everything from the conventional physician practice to patient’s on-demand access.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The initial considerations and challenges in telehealth.
- How the consumer expectations are evolving, especially in light of increased personal responsibility.
- The role of mobile technology.
- What patient engagement is all about.
- How the physician practice has to transform to meet the needs.
- What the free-access physician-crowdsourced database is and how consumers can interact with it.
Featured On The Show:
Listen To The Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!