We’ve waited a long time to find exactly the right person to talk to about the ever-increasing portion of our overall spend – pharmacy. Our today’s guest, Tery Baskin, founder, president and CEO of RxResults has been in the pharmacy field for over 30 years. He’s owned 3 community pharmacies, worked in a tertiary care hospital before he got involved in the managed care side of things.
Today, Tery joins us to talk about the driving factors behind pharmacy costs and what we can do to help bring those costs down. We discuss how reference pricing can help guide employees toward optimal choices of medicine that cost less, but essentially do the same thing. Terry also shares how benefits advisors can design better plans and advise their clients, as well as how specialty pharmacies and genetically-engineered drugs are affecting the current market. Don’t miss this value-packed episode!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Tery’s journey.
- How “Evidence Based Pharmacy Benefits Risk Management” can help keep your costs down.
- Whether that affects payers, members or both.
- What “Medication Therapy Management” (MTM) is.
- How specialty meds are affecting the market
- The intricacies of Genetically-engineered drugs.
Featured On The Show:
Listen To The Full Interview:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!