Should HSAs be thought of as more of a retirement than healthcare tool? We ask practitioner and author Michael Gerali that question and more on this week’s ShiftShapers Podcast.
Michael Gerali is the managing principal at HR Solutions and has co-authored a fascinating book, What You Don’t Know About Retirement Will Hurt You! that explodes some of the myths and misconceptions around retirement and retirement planning. We asked him to join us to discuss the topic of retirement and where it overlaps with the benefits industry.
In this interesting discussion, we dive into the things that baby boomers and their advisors don’t know about the relationship between their health care costs and retirement and why so many think they will not be affected by it. Michael shares the three main rules of retirement and we explore what advisors need to know when talking to their prospects and clients about these critical issues. Learn how you can expand your practice by seamlessly integrating your client’s retirement planning with the benefit advisement you already offer.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What baby boomers and their advisors don’t know.
- Why people think they won’t be affected.
- The three rules of the new retirement.
- How advisors can transition to talking about retirement planning.
- Whether HSAs are more of a retirement than a health vehicle.
- The three “holy grails” of planning.
Featured on the Show:
- Roth 401(k) or 401(k)? How to choose
- 26 CFR 1.401-14 – Inclusion of medical benefits for retired employees in qualified pension or annuity plans
- What You Don’t Know About Retirement Will Hurt You! by Dan McGrath Michael Gerali, Justin Belair, Robert Klein, John Marroni, Robert Ryerson, Mike Padawer
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!