This week, I am pleased to bring John Garven on the program. John is the founder and president of Benico, an employee benefit brokerage and consulting firm based in the Chicago area.
I invited John on the show to talk about the shift he made from a traditional commission-based model to his current fee-based practice. John shares the details of his transition, as well as the key elements of a fee-based model. For anyone interested in pursuing this model, John imparts insightful advice that can help your business thrive.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- John’s background in the benefits market.
- How John made the shift to a fee-based practice.
- The clients’ reaction to the transition.
- John’s advice for those thinking about switching over to fee basis.
- Benico’s pricing breakdown for its deliverables.
- The reasons behind the strategic partnership between Benico and Benefit Advisors Network.
- John’s vision for healthcare reform and how it might impact the agency.