Last week the Senate failed to bring their reconciliation bill to a vote. Nationwide, the individual market is in trouble and advisors need to know what to tell their clients.
In Jessica Waltman’s quarterly conversation with the ShiftShapers audience, she offers her unique perspective on what really happened on the Hill and where we go from here. We explore whether the 2015 clean repeal bill is still viable and whether single payer is inevitable.
What will get added to the CHIP reauthorization bill that comes up in the Fall and how much change can it actually make? What can we expect and how do we advise clients? Jessica shares those answers . . . and more.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- The actual state of PPACA, and which components are working or failing.
- What happened to the Senate’s reconciliation bill and why they’re facing so many challenges.
- Why repealing now with a 2-year grace period for replacement is proving difficult for Republicans.
- What recommendations have been made to HHS Secretary Tom Price.
- Jessica’s expectations for the coming months of healthcare policy debate.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!