David Snow is Chairman and CEO of Cedar Gate Technologies and a self-described “health care junkie” whose career has touched nearly all facets of the health care system. As such, David has a very unique view that informs how he works with and helps companies use data to drive better decision-making.
We discuss the notion that data provides multiple levels of analysis, from focusing on the patient through the other elements and constituencies in the system. David explains why there is a steep learning curve, but how we are getting better at understanding and acting on data in a timely manner that affects care and spend.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Is data the piece of the puzzle that helps us make sense of the whole picture?
- What are the opportunities for plan savings?
- How is data different than analytics – and why do both matter?
- Where do actuaries and underwriters fit in the future?
- Why is there often an inverse relationship between cost and quality in healthcare?
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!