Deb Ault and some of her fellow RNs were against managed care when they were working at patients’ bedsides – but now she thinks it could help innovate and improve care while saving money.
Nurse Deb is the President of Ault International Medical Management and a pioneer in the medical management field. As an advocate of proactive and predictive case management, she helps patients and their case managers navigate the diagnosis, treatment, and financial aspects of healthcare.
Deb defines and discusses the four types of medical management and explains why she thinks predictive management is the model of the future. She shares how she realized care management could both improve care and reduce costs when done correctly. Deb also emphasizes the importance of employer engagement in health plans, and why they must balance the cost of care with the health of their employees.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why Deb had a change of heart about medical management and how she discovered its potential.
- The four types of medical management and which Deb finds most effective.
- The monetary advantage of each type of case management.
- Why it’s difficult to lead Americans with a carrot or pay them to behave the way you want.
- How to get employees and employers alike more engaged and compliant in healthcare.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!