Pharmacy costs are increasing exponentially – some estimate that they will soon represent more than a quarter of all plan spend. Yet this portion of the industry is so opaque that it is nearly impossible to accurately understand what, exactly, is being paid – and where those payments actually go. Our guest on this episode is Kent Thomas, founder of Pharmatrix, a marketing firm focused on creating a fiduciary-like environment where PBMs become fully transparent.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Defining terms such as spread pricing, AWP, rebates, etc.
- The challenges advisors face speaking with prospects and clients
- Who controls the market today, and why that matters
- Beyond prescribing – the importance of clinical expertise
- How a “fiduciary-like” model works for everyone
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!