Not too many years ago, the role of a TPA was fairly straightforward: Pay claims, handle eligibility and make a network connection. In today’s fast-paced and rapidly growing self-funding world, a TPA has to be flexible, nimble and multi-faceted. Jeff Bernhard, President of Continental Benefits, represents a TPA built for today’s commerce. We talk about what to look for in a TPA relationship and how your TPA is now an integral part of the client experience.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How Jeff’s carrier background informed his choices when building his TPA.
- New ways TPAs can help clients reduce medical and pharma spend.
- Population health matters more now than ever.
- Why your TPA’s strategic partnerships may matter more than the network.
- Changes in PBMs and DPC are integral to a successful TPA relationship.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!