Our guest on this episode, Jacques Loveall, is Chairman of the United Food and Commercial Workers Trust, which, after being buffeted by the system as end users and an (almost) afterthought, has made some long-overdue changes in ownership and control of healthcare delivery. It is has been a fascinating journey, and they are just getting started.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why Taft/Hartley plans are different from commercial plans.
- The journey from afterthought end user to ownership and control.
- Why Hotel & Restaurant Employees in New York own hospital facilities.
- Is this model analogous to the original Kaiser plans?
- How does our guest envision this as a growing movement?
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!