Ten years ago, a number of physician “academies” came together to pioneer the concept of Medical Home. Today, that concept is more widely known as Direct Primary Care (DPC). Today, interest in DPC and the practice model itself is rapidly evolving. Our guest, Jon Hernandez is the CEO at PeakMed Direct Primary Care in Colorado, and he is one of the drivers who are pushing DPC into its next evolution.
In this fast-paced interview, we discuss different models of DPC and how the next version of DPC has been reverse engineered to include as many different lines of service as possible under a simple, affordable monthly pricing structure. As ever-growing personal responsibility amounts have caused some Americans to become “functionally uninsured”, interest in DPC is growing. Learn what’s new today and what is coming soon!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What are the different traditional DPC models?
- What are the strengths/weaknesses of those models?
- How are new approaches being developed?
- How is technology helping?
- What needs to happen to make this practice model more attractive to employers?
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!