Talking politics and benefits is like walking a tightrope in heavy winds, but our guests say it can be done without falling off. Hear more of their advice in the second part of this two-part interview.
With healthcare so tied to politics these days, many advisors feel they have no way to avoid the subject when speaking with prospects and clients. Can you maximize your impact as an advisor and remain politically neutral? Jess Waltman and Dave Mordo say, “yes”.
In fact, they believe that if you do it the right way, that conversation helps to position you as an expert. They provide some real-life examples that show how having those discussions can provide a real business advantage. Jess and Dave caution that you have to know your audience and offer techniques (such as turning the conversation to compliance) to offer a safety net for those “other” parts of the conversation.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What it means to know your audience—and why it’s so important.
- Which modes of communication are the most effective.
- Tips for calming a client who may be nervous about compliance.
- How to stay on top of the information you need to remain a subject-matter expert for your clients.
- Why the need for employee benefits specialists is stronger than ever.
Featured on the Show:
- Dave Mordo | Twitter
- Jess Waltman | Twitter | Facebook
- Forward Health Consulting
- Cadillac Tax
- Department of Labor Website
- Medicare Website
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!