We decided to change things up a bit this week and asked Meghan Dotter, founder of PorticoPR to share her expertise on how to “present better”, which is the tagline for her company, Portico PR. A veteran of several high-profile communications and PR positions, she decided to build her practice on the one thing most people find so difficult – the presentation.
With the increase in complexity in our industry, coupled with advisor’s need to provide more value in their client interactions, honing presentations skills is a must. Tune in to learn how you can create presentations that resonate, build trust, inspire action and help you close sales.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The challenges of creating presentation that cut through an ever-more
- The value of storyboarding as preparation for creating a presentation.
- How clients learn, decide and remember.
- Why newer presentation tools may be more impactful than the venerable PowerPoint.
- Should you have a second deck when you present?
- The importance of a little stagecraft during presentation.
Featured On The Show:
- Portico PR
- Economist article: Decluttering the Company
- Books by Nancy Duarte
- Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence by Daniel Goleman