This week, we continue our conversation with a pioneer and disruptor in direct primary care (DPC): Samir Qamar, M.D. Dr. Qamar is the founder and CEO of MedLion and MedWand. On this episode of Shiftshapers, Dr. Qamar shares his latest invention, which aims to take telemedicine to another level.
Telemedicine is a huge component of the direct primary care model. First generation telemedicine tools only allowed doctors to provide consultations because doctors weren’t able to examine patients. MedWand is a project that Dr. Qamar is working on that would launch telemedicine into the future. MedWand makes health care portable and interactive.
We talk about a brand new device that Dr. Qamar is bringing to market – a mouse-sized piece of technology that has the potential to revolutionize patients’ interactions with their physicians. This new technology will allow physicians to spend more appropriate time with clients. Tune into this insightful exploration of the new technologies being developed that will help extend our virtual interaction with our primary care providers.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Whether direct pay will take primary care/family medicine back to the era of the family doctor.
- The evolution of today’s telemedicine.
- Why the first generation of telemedicine wasn’t helpful for more than consultations.
- How accessible this technology is for consumers.
- Why frequent claims are an insurance killer.
- The other technology coming to market that will extend our electronic interaction with providers.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!