This week on the ShiftShapers podcast, Eric Parmenter outlines the differences between the HMOs of the past and value-based care at the provider and hospital level. Eric is the VP of Employer Solutions at Evolent Health. His vast experience at all spectrums of the insurance industry makes him the perfect guest to identify the benefits and potential in store with a value-based approach to pricing.
We begin our conversation with a definition of value-based care. Ultimately, this approach is a shift away from a fee-for-service model which allows providers more control in how they interact with patients. The changes won’t be immediately noticeable by patients, but it has the potential to revolutionize the way doctors deliver care.
Eric provides a wealth of information that is sure to help you understand how value-based care differs from the HMO model and the benefits it provides. Listen in to discover just how value-based care will impact the future of healthcare pricing models.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Eric’s path to working at the provider and hospital level.
What value-based care is and how it differs from value-based pricing.
- How three different types of providers are reacting to value-based care.
- Whether current networks as we know them will survive.
How the incentive-based payment structure is being realigned to account for the quality of care.
- What the next generation of ACOs will look like.
Featured on the Show:
Listen to the Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!